Most of us have heard the saying, “abs are made in the kitchen,” but many often struggle with what to cook and how to cook it! We’re bringing you our fitness recipe of the week hot off the stove and straight to your kitchen!
Fitness Recipe: Chicken and Quinoa Burrito Bowl
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 Boneless chicken breasts – skinless
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Cups cooked Quinoa (1 cup raw)
- 2 Cups shredded lettuce
- 1 Cup Pinto Beans or Black Beans (rinsed)
- 1 Diced Avocado
- Pico de Gallo or Salsa
- Shredded Cheddar
- Lime Wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat a skillet under medium heat and add some olive oil. Once heated, add chicken and sear on each side.
- Cook the quinoa as instructed (usually 1 cup of Quinoa to 2 cups of water over medium heat for about 20 minutes until fluffy)
- Combine Chipotles with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin.
- Coat the seared chicken with the spices and chipotles and place chicken on a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven once heated and let cook all the way for about 25-30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked, dice it up.
- Assemble your burrito bowls with ½ cup of quinoa, ½ cup of diced chicken, ½ cup of lettuce, ¼ cup of beans, ¼ avocado, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo, and 1 tbsp of cheese with a lime wedge and Enjoy!
This fitness recipe was originally published by Golden Home Fitness Coach Evan Aubrey and has been republished here with permission from the author.