So you want to improve your health and fitness, right? While exercise in an incredibly important piece of the puzzle, nutrition is key too! Staying consistent is paramount, and using a quality fitness recipe like this at home helps you to stay on track.
Fitness Recipe: Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned with gills removed
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 6-10 cherry tomatoes
- Italian seasoning to taste
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and place mushroom caps inside to cook until tender.
- About 5-7 minutes and flip halfway through to cook on both sides.
- Once cooked set aside in a plate.
- Next, add the onion to the skillet and saute until caramelized.
- Next, add the turkey meat and cook until no longer pink.
- Add seasonings and make sure to break up the meat to make it crumbly.
- Then add the spinach leaves until they wilt.
- Continue to stir the meat and onions to the spinach leaves will steam up quicker.
- Fill your mushroom caps with this turkey meat mixture.
- Feel free to drain any excess fat off before his step if you use a higher fat turkey.
- Then cut your cherry tomatoes in half and place on top of your stuffed mushroom and enjoy!
This fitness recipe was originally published by Golden Home Fitness Coach Evan Aubrey and has been republished here with permission from the author.