Fall is officially upon us! That means football season, falling leaves with magnificent foliage, and… (drumroll please) Pumpkin Spice in just about everything. Eating healthy and having go-to recipes is key for keeping off those winter pounds. If you’re looking to get in the Fall spirit without loading up on calories from pumpkin spice cookies or lattes, try this healthy pumpkin spice recipe you can make at home with minimal time and effort!
Ingredients for this Healthy Pumpkin Spice Recipe:
While these ingredients shown are from Trader Joe’s, eating local food straight from the farmer’s market is the way to go! If you never have time to get out to the farmer’s market, check out our Boston partner Market 2Day who will pick up your food for you and drop it off at home or at a convenient community pickup location!
Total Prep Time: < 30 minutes
Quantities Listed Serves 4-8 (depending on appetite… and the leftovers are great for meal prep!)
– 1.25lb Chicken Breast
– 1 large bag of Kale
– 1 box of Whole Wheat Couscous
– 1 can of Organic Pumpkin
– 1 tbsp Avocado Oil (for Kale sautée)
– 1 tsp of Himalayan Salt
– 3 tbsp Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
(Cinnamon, Ginger, Lemon Peel, Nutmeg, Cloves, Cardamom)
– 3 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
Cooking Instructions for this Healthy Pumpkin Spice Recipe:
- Add Chicken, Organic Pumpkin Puree, Cinnamon and Salt to a saucepan and bring to medium-high heat, stirring frequenly
- Cook Chicken all the way through evenly, checking to be sure there is no pink center (7-15 minutes, varying by thickness)
- Bring water to boil, then add couscous and pumpkin spice seasoning to the pot, stirring frequently (couscous will cook rapidly)
- Add avocado oil, kale, and a splash of water to a large saucepan
- Sautée Kale for 2-5 minutes, according to taste
- Serve, drizzling the pumpkin sauce now surrounding the chicken over the couscous, and enjoy! Bon Appétit
This healthy pumpkin spice recipe was developed by Coach Will H. Hansen and has been published here by the author. Want to save time rushing back from the gym in time to prepare dinner? Try out exercising at home with a complimentary workout where we come to you! Call (844) 704-9477 or click here to reserve a time that works for you!