Healthy holiday recipes are important for your overall health and enjoyment of the holiday you celebrate.
While many holiday recipes will use peppermint or feature decadent desserts to impress your friends, family, and colleagues, we’re going to focus on the part of the holidays no one talks about: the rest of your meals!
When you’re eating nutritious healthy holiday recipes, the “damage” that holiday parties cause will be much less. So we’re focusing on three things missing from most holiday recipes that will keep you healthy all winter long: Protein, Fiber, and Micronutrients.
Additionally, this time of year everyone is in a rush, who has time to cook healthy meals? We’re keeping the prep time on this one to under 10 minutes!hea
Ingredients Healthy Holiday Recipes: Winter Chicken Salad Edition
Total Prep Time: < 10 minutes
Quantities Listed Serves 4-6
– 2 Packages of Pre-Grilled Chicken Breasts
– 2 Bags of Pre-Washed and Cut Leafy Vegetables
– 1 Cup of Organic Seedless Raisins
– 1 Tub of Organic Hummus
– 1 Cup of Sliced Almonds
Preparation Instructions for this Winter Recipe for Fitness Success:
- Heat chicken in a large skillet for 2-4 minutes
- Empty the greens mix into a mixing bowl
- Add the raisins and almonds, followed by the chicken
- Add several large dollops of hummus throughout the bowl
- Add butternut squash to large saucepan and cook on low to medium heat until soft to the touch (6-10 minutes)
- Serve, adding cinnamon to the butternut squash with salt as desired, and enjoy! Bon Appétit
This healthy holiday recipe for fitness success was developed by Coach Will H. Hansen and has been published here by the author. Want to save time rushing back from the gym in time to prepare dinner? Try out exercising at home with a complimentary workout where we come to you! Call (844) 704-9477 or click here to reserve a time that works for you!